Pan-Seared Chicken Sandwich w/Tarragon-Goat Cheese Spread
A delicious spread made with fresh tarragon, chives, and goat cheese elevates this chicken and mushroom sandwich to a true gourmet treat.
Served on a soft French roll, this unique pan-seared chicken sandwich includes a blend of fresh tarragon and chives, tangy goat cheese and sautéed mushrooms.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chèvre), softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 soft rolls
- White truffle oil (optional - see notes)
- If necessary, remove the tenderloins from the chicken breasts, then place them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the oil, brush both sides of the chicken, then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise, goat cheese, tarragon and chives in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the mixture is nicely browned, 6 to 7 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Increase the heat on the pan to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook until the juices run clear and there is no trace of pink in the center, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice the rolls horizontally and spread a portion of the goat cheese mixture on each. Add the onion-mushroom mixture and chicken. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you have some on hand, a drizzle of white truffle oil really adds a fabulous touch to these sandwiches. The flavor is subtle, but noticeable.
- Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 47g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.