This quick and easy oven baked fish recipe transforms the flavors of a classic Caesar salad dressing into a savory topping for your favorite variety of fish.
Made with mayonnaise, lemon, anchovies, garlic and parmesan cheese, the topping not only adds a lot of flavor, it also ensures that lean fish fillets like sole, flounder and tilapia cook up to be deliciously moist and tender.
Oven-Baked Fish with Caesar Topping
- 4 mild white fish fillets, about 1-1/4 lbs tilapia, flounder or sole
- 3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and mashed (or 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste – see notes)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the fish fillets on the pan in a single layer and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice.
Tip: If your fillets are thinner on one side, overlap them slightly when arranging on the pan to ensure even cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining lemon juice with the mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy, then fold in the parmesan cheese.
- Use a spatula to spread the topping evenly over the fish, stopping about 1/4-inch from the edges.
- Season the top with a little freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Leave a Reply