This unique glaze uses a combination of orange marmalade, molasses, smoked paprika, lemon juice and orange zest to add a distinctive, sweet-smoky flavor to oven-roasted salmon filet.Print
Molasses-Marmalade Glazed Salmon
Oven-roasted salmon glazed with a flavorful combination of orange marmalade, molasses and smoked paprika.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 to 1-1/4 lb Alaska salmon filet, skin removed
- 2–1/2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line shallow baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Place the salmon, former skin side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine the marmalade, molasses, smoked paprika, lemon juice and orange zest in a small bowl.
- Spread about half of the glaze on the salmon and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the salmon over.
- Spread the second side with the remaining glaze and continue roasting until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes longer depending on thickness.
- Serve immediately.
Slightly adapted from a recipe provided by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Council. You can find more of their fish and seafood recipes at AlaskaSeafood.org.