These individual pizzas have just a few ingredients, but plenty of flavor. Topped with sauce, sautéed spinach, mozzarella and an egg, they make a great choice for a super-quick weeknight dinner when you start with a store-bought dough.Print
Mini Spinach Pizzas with Egg
Individual-size pizzas topped with sautéed spinach, cheese and an egg make a quick, easy meal when you start with store-bought pizza dough.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/4 cup prepared pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 4 small eggs
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces and, on a lightly-floured surface, roll each to a 6-inch diameter round. Sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal, arrange the rounds on top in a single layer and brush the edges with a bit of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, 2 minutes. Add the garlic, sauté 1 minute additional, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the prepared sauce on each of the dough rounds, and sprinkle them with a little of the grated cheese. Top each with some spinach and a portion of the remaining cheese. Form a small well in the center of toppings and crack an egg into it.
- Bake the pizzas for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the eggs have set. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.