This recipe is a variation on standard cornbread that uses a bit of fresh rosemary for added flavor. The muffins are moist and delicious and the flavor combination of rosemary and corn is outstanding, but if you’re not a rosemary lover, feel free to leave it out.Print
Mini Rosemary Corn Muffins
These mini corn muffins are extra moist thanks to the sour cream in the batter. Add fresh rosemary for a slightly different take on your standard cornbread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12-24 muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/4 cup corn kernels (if frozen, thawed slightly and patted dry)
- 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange 12 – 24 silicon muffin cups (these are great for easy clean up, but certainly regular muffin cups will do) on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Next, whisk together egg, sour cream, corn and rosemary. Then mix with flour mixture until smooth – but don’t overmix. All I needed was a wire whisk.
- Spoon the batter into the silicon cups and bake until the tops have just begun to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean – about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Once the muffins are completely cool, you can transfer them to storage (since they’re moist, you’re best off with an airtight container).