Mini Mascarpone Fruit Tarts
These individual fruit tarts couldn't be any easier to prepare. Mascarpone cheese and heavy cream combine to create a filling with a rich, creamy quality that's similar to pastry cream, but with none of the work.
- 8 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 container (8-ounce) mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- Fresh raspberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled & sliced
- Prepare the frozen puff pastry shells according to the package directions. After they have baked, set them aside to cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone, cream, sugar and triple sec until smooth.
- Fill each cooled pastry shell with the mascarpone mixture - you can use a pastry bag or a spoon.
- To top the pastry shells, take a kiwi slice and cut it into quarters. Arrange the pieces in a pinwheel pattern and place a fresh raspberry in the center.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately or chill slightly in the refrigerator.