This simple recipe uses the mellow flavor of maple syrup and tangy bite of Dijon-style mustard to complement the natural sweetness of fresh carrots. It's the perfect side dish to serve with a variety of main dishes like roast pork, baked chicken or broiled fish.Print
Maple and Mustard-Glazed Carrots
An easy side dish of fresh carrots glazed with a combination of butter, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots, sliced diagonally, 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the carrots, water and a pinch of salt in a large skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter, maple syrup and mustard and combine well.
- Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze consistency, 10 to 12 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.