Maple and Mustard Glazed Carrots
This simple recipe uses the mellow flavor of maple syrup and tangy bite of Dijon-style mustard to complement the natural sweetness of fresh carrots. Glazed carrots are the perfect side dish to serve with a variety of main dishes like roast pork, baked chicken or broiled fish.
Maple and Mustard-Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots, sliced diagonally, 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the carrots, water and a pinch of salt in a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter, maple syrup and mustard and combine well.
- Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze consistency, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.