This recipe is a little bit of a twist on classic teriyaki-style chicken wings. The red wine and ground ginger add a slightly different note, subtle, but distinctive. By doing the bulk of the cooking at a lower temperature, the flavors have a lot of time to develop but the wings don’t get overly browned or dried out.Print
Mahogany Chicken Wing Drummettes
An appetizer of chicken wings flavored with red wine, honey, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken wing drummettes
- Toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, honey, red wine and ground ginger. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly. Allow to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a large shallow baking dish with nonstick spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer. Brush any remaining marinade evenly over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and reduce the heat to 300°F. Baste the chicken with any accumulated juices, return to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.