Sautéed shrimp, crisp bacon and creamy avocado-cilantro pesto combine with linguine to make a quick, easy and fabulously flavorful pasta dinner. Using a food processor makes short work of the pesto so the entire dish comes together in a little more than 30 minutes.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Linguine with Bacon, Shrimp and Avocado-Cilantro Pesto
This quick-to-fix pasta dish combines linguine, bacon and sautéed shrimp with a creamy pesto made from avocado, cilantro, lime and garlic.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled (tails on) and deveined
- 12 ounces linguine
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Combine the avocado, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cilantro leaves, salt and a few grinds of black pepper in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, turning frequently, until they turn bright pink and opaque, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the pasta water to the pesto and process just long enough to combine.
- Place the linguine in a large bowl. Add reserved bacon and pesto and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Plate individual portions of the pasta and top each with shrimp. Serve immediately with wedges of fresh lime.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply