This easy-to-make pasta bowl combines sautéed cabbage, a healthy dose of garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh dill and tender strips of boneless pork to make a light, one-dish meal with a unique flavor profile.Print
Lemon-Dill Pasta Bowl with Pork
This simple pasta bowl combines tender, boneless pork with sautéed cabbage, garlic, lemon and fresh dill to make a light and easy one-dish meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 8 ounces pasta (rotini, penne)
- 1 small head cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 lemon wedges
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork chops, slice them against the grain into thin strips and transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and add about 1/2 teaspoon of the minced garlic. Combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic, then add the cabbage and continue cooking, stirring often, until the mixture is lightly caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the cream, cook for 1 minute longer.
- While the cabbage sautés, cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions and return it to the pan.
- Add the cabbage mixture along with the lemon juice, lemon zest and dill. If desired, reserve a bit of the dill for garnish. Combine well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out the frying pan and put it back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide the pasta mixture between 4 shallow serving bowls, top with pork and garnish with a sprinkling of dill and a lemon wedge.