These easy-to-make flatbreads have a subtle blend of Indian-inspired flavors and ingredients. Made with store-bought naan and topped with plain yogurt, garlicky sautéed spinach, thin-sliced tomato, bite-sized pieces of spiced chicken and fresh mozzarella, they make a quick and satisfying, all-in-one dinner.Print
Indian-Spiced Chicken Flatbread
Store-bought naan flatbreads topped with yogurt, sautéed spinach and garlic, tomato, bite-sized pieces of spiced chicken, fresh mozzarella and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Indian
- 3/4 to 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 naan flatbreads (flavored or plain)
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet large enough to hold the naan in a single layer with parchment paper.
- Combine the turmeric, cumin, salt and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Arrange the chicken tenderloins on a plate and sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over both sides.
- Film the bottom of a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and add the onion. Sauté until softened, 2 minutes, then add the garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes longer. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Arrange the naan in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt over each. Top with a portion of the spinach mixture and arrange tomato slices on top.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and distribute between the flatbreads. Finish with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the naan is crispy around the edges and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle each flatbread with a little cilantro and serve immediately.