A festive choice for a holiday party, Holiday Glogg is a Scandinavian wine punch flavored with mulling spices and oranges. It’s traditionally served hot with a handful of almonds and raisins in the bottom of each cup.Print
Made with vodka, red wine, orange zest, raisins and mulling spices, Holiday Glogg is a Scandinavian punch that’s perfect for holiday entertaining.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- 12 ounces vodka
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (750 ml)
- 1–1/2 tablespoons mulling spices
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- Wrap the mulling spices in cheesecloth. In a large saucepan, combine the wine, mulling spice pouch, orange zest and sugar.
- Allow to simmer lightly over medium heat for at least 30 minutes (do not boil).
- Discard the mulling spices. Add the vodka and bring to a simmer once more, then remove from the heat immediately.
- Drop a few raisins and almonds at the bottom of each mug and top with the hot liquid.