The simplicity of this grilled peach salad is what makes it so delicious. Cooking peaches on the grill really brings out their rich, sweet flavor and the texture is tender and silky. Serve them atop field greens along with thinly sliced sweet onion, ripe tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese, then drizzle with balsamic-honey vinaigrette.Print
Grilled Peach Salad
This colorful, composed salad of field greens, tomatoes, sweet onion and crumbled blue cheese is topped with grilled peaches and drizzled with a balsamic-honey vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 large, ripe peaches
- Vegetable oil
- 12 ounces field greens
- 4 thin slices sweet onion (e.g. Vidalia)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits and slice into 8 wedges each. Brush the wedges on both sides with vegetable oil. Arrange the wedges on the grill and cook just until they develop grill marks, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar together until smooth and well blended. Season with a bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the field greens between 4 salad plates. Arrange 1 slice of onion, separated into rings, 4 wedges of tomato and 4 wedges of peach on top of the greens. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and drizzle with dressing.
To serve this salad as an entree, divide the ingredients between 2 plates and serve with grilled chicken or salmon. You can also substitute crumbled goat cheese for the blue if desired.