Green Chile Turkey Sliders
These mini turkey burgers have chopped green chiles and shredded jack cheese mixed right in.
Topped with guacamole and some thinly sliced red onion these burgers are moist, flavorful and a nice change from ground beef. Serve with salsa and corn chips.
- 1-1/2 lbs regular ground turkey (not white meat)
- 1 can (4.5-ounce) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup Monterey jack cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 12 slider rolls or small dinner rolls, lightly toasted
- Preheat a grill or barbecue to a medium-high heat setting.
- Combine the ground turkey, chopped green chiles, hot sauce, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Form into twelve 2-1/2-inch diameter patties. Grill over direct heat for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- To assemble the sliders, put a pattie on each bun and top with sliced red onion and a dollop of guacamole.