These flavorful roasted chicken thighs are a perfect choice for a casual company meal. Once seasoned, the oven does all the work and allows you time to pull together the rest of the meal without fussing over the main dish. We served them with Garlic Buttered Pasta Shells and a simple green salad.Print
Garlic-Thyme Roasted Chicken And Artichokes
Roasted chicken thighs flavored with garlic, thyme, white wine and artichokes make a good choice for a no-fuss, casual meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 medium bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-1/2 lbs)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 or 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs and rub them all over with some olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper and arrange them in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Place the chicken, uncovered, in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Lightly smash each garlic clove and scatter them over the chicken. Scatter the thyme sprigs and artichoke hearts and pour in the wine. Cover the roasting pan loosely with heavy duty aluminum foil and return the chicken to the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the juices are running clear and the garlic is tender and mellow.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and spoon the pan juices over the top.
Be careful to let the oven temperature drop down to 350°F after browning the chicken at 450°F so you don't dry it out.