Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Skin-on red potatoes, garlic, butter, cream, salt and pepper are all you need to make richly flavored garlic mashed potatoes that everyone will love.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 medium cloves garlic, peeled and left whole (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk (plus more if needed)
- Salt and white pepper
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until both the potatoes and garlic cloves are tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and allow the water to evaporate, 1/2 to 1 minute.
- Add the butter, cream, and milk. Stir to combine and once the butter melts, mash all the ingredients together with a potato masher.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper. If desired, add more milk (or cream) for a creamier consistency. Serve immediately.
If your garlic cloves are especially large, halve them lengthwise before cooking.