Fresh, ripe strawberries combine with tequila, triple sec and freshly-squeezed lime juice to create this fruity variation of a traditional frozen margarita.Print
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
This variation on a frozen margarita uses juicy, ripe strawberries to add a deliciously fruity twist to a classic cocktail.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1/2 cup tequila blanco
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Add strawberries, ice, lime juice and agave nectar to a blender container. Pulse to combine. Add the tequila blanco and triple sec and blend on the purée setting until smooth. Taste and add a little more agave nectar if desired.
- Divide the mixture between 4 large margarita glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.