This sauce couldn't be any simpler to prepare. Nothing but fresh, sweet oranges, fresh cranberries and sugar, finely chopped in the food processor. Believe it or not, you don't even need to peel the orange! Check the recipe notes for some easy ideas that go beyond serving this as a side dish.Print
Fresh Cranberry-Orange Sauce
Fresh, sweet oranges, fresh cranberries and sugar are all you need to make this simple condiment that tastes great served alongside roasted or grilled poultry and pork.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: about 3 cups
- Category: Condiments
- 12-ounces fresh cranberries (1 bag)
- 1 large navel orange (preferably organic)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- Rinse the cranberries in a colander, drain them thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Scrub the orange very well, pat dry and cut into 8 pieces.
- Place the orange and the cranberries in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped (depending on the size of your processor, you may need to work in two batches). Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the mixture and pulse two or three times to combine. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Store, tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Here are a few additional serving suggestions:
– Mix 1/4 cup of sauce into a softened 8-oz block of cream cheese as a spread for crackers
– Mix 3 tablespoons of sauce into 1 cup of vanilla yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast
– Blend 2 parts of the sauce with 1 part ketchup as a condiment for turkey burgers