Pasta is always a great choice for an easy, quick meal and its versatility allows for an endless number of different flavor and ingredient combinations. This simple recipe combines fettuccine, thin strips of smoked salmon, spring onions, capers and fresh dill tossed in a white wine-cream sauce. A salad on the side is all you need for a complete meal.Print
Fettuccine w/Smoked Salmon And Dill
Smoked salmon, spring onions, dill and fettuccine combine to make a quick and satisfying pasta dish, perfect for a weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium spring onions or 1 large leek, sliced (see notes)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb smoked salmon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add the spring onions and cook just long enough to soften, 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-1/2 minutes, then whisk in the mustard and heavy cream. Continue cooking for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until smooth and well combined.
- Add the salmon and capers and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Taste and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the chopped dill.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the salmon and sauce. Serve immediately.
Scallions can be substituted for the spring onions or leek.