This simple breakfast cake is adapted from a muffin recipe. Flavored with frozen lemonade concentrate and lemon extract, the cake is moist, light and has just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect for a weekend morning or topped with a bit of whipped cream for a light summer dessert.Print
Easy Lemon-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
This zesty Lemon-Blueberry Cake makes a nice, light summer dessert or a delicious treat for Sunday breakfast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 9 servings
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and drained and patted dry
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Cinnamon-sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine milk, lemonade concentrate, egg and oil. Stir together wet ingredients with dry, stirring just until combined. Do not overmix. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a cooling rack after a 10 minutes.