Roasted pork tenderloin is a great choice for a weeknight dinners because it’s easy, quick-cooking and doesn’t require a lot of cleanup. This version uses a simple wet rub made with cumin, fresh lime zest and olive oil to give the pork a flavorful Southwest twist.Print
Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin
A tasty wet rub made with cumin, fresh lime zest and olive oil adds subtle Southwest-inspired flavor to quick-cooking roasted pork tenderloins.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb each)
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set a wire rack inside a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet and coat lightly with nonstick spray.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and a few grinds of black pepper to a small bowl. Stir in the lime zest and olive oil and combine thoroughly.
- Trim any excess fat and silverskin from the tenderloins, then coat them thoroughly with the rub. Using the back of a spoon helps spread the rub evenly over the meat.
- Once coated, place the tenderloins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer placed in the center of the tenderloin registers 140°F. Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
For an easy side dish, roast slices of zucchini along with the pork. Cut the zucchini into rounds about 3/8-inch thick, arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet coated with nonstick spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes at 425°F
Pair the zucchini with sautéed grape or cherry tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half and while the pork rests, sauté them in a tablespoon or two of butter until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.