A creamy spread of blue cheese, cream cheese, and honey served on rounds of toasted baguette and topped with paper-thin slices of sauteed red onion is an easy-to-make, flavorful appetizer.Print
Creamy Blue Cheese and Onion Crostini
Served on crackers or rounds of toasted baguette, this creamy spread is made with blue cheese, cream cheese and honey and topped with thin-sliced, sautéed red onion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 French baguette, thinly sliced
- Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and honey in a small bowl. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Lightly toast the baguette slices and spread with the cheese mixture. Top with a few pieces of onion and serve immediately.