Creamy Blue Cheese and Onion Crostini
A creamy spread of blue cheese, cream cheese, and honey served on rounds of toasted baguette and topped with paper-thin slices of sauteed red onion is an easy-to-make, flavorful appetizer.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 French baguette, thinly sliced
- Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and honey in a small bowl. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Lightly toast the baguette slices and spread with the cheese mixture. Top with a few pieces of onion and serve immediately.