- Author: Lynne Webb
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (2 medium heads fresh or 2 16-ounce bags frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Place the water and salt in a large pot fitted with a steamer rack. Bring to a boil, add the cauliflower florets, cover and steam until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl, add the butter, cream, salt and pepper. Purée with an electric hand blender until smooth and silky (you can also use a food processor or blender).
- Add the nutmeg, taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Keep warm until ready to serve.