- Author: Lynne Webb
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions, cover the pan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times during the process.
- Remove the cover, raise the heat to medium and add the salt. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently and loosening any browned bits that may accumulate on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the apple cider and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated and the onions are nicely caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes longer. Keep warm until ready to serve.