This bold but simple combination of black and green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon, crushed red pepper and fresh parsley spooned onto toasty slices of baguette makes a rustic, easy starter for a casual dinner. Try serving it alongside our Sicilian Lemon Dip as the two really make a delicious pairing.Print
Chunky Mixed Olive Tapenade
This rustic, boldly-flavored tapenade made with black and green olives, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes is perfect for topping crackers or toasted baguette.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic-stuffed green olives (about 1/4 lb), chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the black olives, green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, red pepper and parsley in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with crackers or thinly sliced, toasted baguette.