Chocolate Cherry Almond Oatmeal Cookies
Milk chocolate chips, dried cherries and toasted almonds are added to these chewy-style oatmeal cookies to perk up the flavor. Milk chocolate is a nice change from semi-sweet as it adds a little bit of a creamy quality ~ it works well with the toasty crunch of the almonds.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the canola oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the oil mixture, mix well, then add in the oats. Blend well, then stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet, about 1-1/2-inches apart. Flatten the tops slightly and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the sheet, then move to a cooling rack.