Dress up chicken tenderloins with the flavors of pomegranate and ginger for a quick and easy dish that really looks impressive. The velvety sauce lends richness and the sweet-tart flavor of pomegranate and light spice of fresh ginger are a perfect complement to the tender chicken. The beautiful ruby red pomegranate arils add both color and texture, making this dish a nice one for company, despite how easy it is to prepare.Print
Chicken With Pomegranate-Ginger Cream Sauce
Chicken tenderloins turn elegant when sauced with a blend of pomegranate, fresh ginger and cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 12 chicken tenderloins (about 1–1/4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 2/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- Trim the small white tendons from the ends of the tenderloins as needed and discard.
- Combine the flour, salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a shallow dish (a pie plate works well for this). Dredge the tenderloins, shake off the excess flour and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and shallot and sauté until the ginger is fragrant and the shallots softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tenderloins and cook, turning several times, until barely golden, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add the pomegranate juice and continue cooking, turning the tenderloins several times, until the liquid thickens slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes additional. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Whisk the half-and-half into the pomegranate sauce and cook until the mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the pomegranate arils, then spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a simple green vegetable like spinach or green beans.