Chicken and Noodles with Tomatoes and Leeks
This easy chicken and noodles recipe features a delicious sauce made with tomatoes, sautéed leeks, sour cream and fresh herbs like dill, chives or parsley.
Coated in a delicious sauce made with sautéed leeks, tomatoes, a touch of sour cream and fresh herbs, this quick chicken and noodles recipe is a cinch to make and versatile, too.
It’s easy to change the flavor profile a bit depending on what herbs you use. We particularly like fresh dill because it complements the sour cream so nicely, but chives make a great pairing with the leeks, and parsley will add a fresh note while letting the flavor of the tomatoes shine through.
- 6 ounces broad egg noodles
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 leeks, cleaned, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, chives or parsley
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the noodles.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Place the flour, salt, garlic powder and black pepper into a plastic bag. Shake to combine, then add the chicken and shake until the pieces are lightly coated.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until pale golden in color, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to the stove over medium heat and add the leeks. Sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, then add the tomatoes and vinegar. Let the tomatoes come to a simmer, return the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add the sour cream and dill (or chives, parsley), combine well, remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, reserve 2 or 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid and drain thoroughly.
- Combine the noodles and chicken and add a little of the reserved cooking liquid if needed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 168mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.