Roasted potatoes are always flavorful, even when all you do is add a little salt and pepper. This recipe takes this simple side dish to a new level though by adding a healthy dose of garlic sautéed in butter and a handful of your favorite grated cheese. Very easy, but incredibly delicious.Print
Cheesy Garlic Potatoes
This super-easy potato recipes combines oven-roasted Yukon golds with butter, garlic and grated cheese to make a flavorful side to serve with a wide variety of entrees.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheese (Fontina, Cheddar, Asiago, Havarti)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes on the prepared baking pan in a single layer and roast until tender and golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done roasting, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes (do not brown).
- Add the potatoes, combine well and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continually.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, toss gently to combine, then transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.