Cheesy Baked Chicken Dijon
These tender, boneless chicken breasts are smothered in a blend of Dijon mustard, white wine and cream, topped with cheese and panko and baked until golden and bubbly.
A deliciously creamy combination of Dijon mustard, white wine and cream topped with rich Gruyère cheese and a sprinkling of crispy panko crumbs elevates baked boneless chicken breasts to a whole new level.
Ready in less than 30 minutes, it's a satisfyingly easy way to dress up chicken for a fuss-free weeknight meal.
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lbs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard (or more to taste)
- 3/4 cup Gruyère or Swiss cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- If your chicken breasts have tenderloins attached, remove them and reserve for another use. Place the breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Combine the flour with 1 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper and spread on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the cream, wine and Dijon-style mustard in a small bowl. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, then taste and add more mustard if desired.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken then top with shredded cheese and finish with the panko crumbs. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the crumbs are lightly toasted, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 165mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 54g