Chai-Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
Classic chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger add layers of flavor to this simple recipe for oatmeal cookies.
This simple oatmeal cookie recipe gets a flavor makeover for the holidays by adding a warming blend of chai spices that includes cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and white pepper.
They're delicious any time of year, but they make an especially terrific addition to a holiday cookie platter.
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, and vinegar in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the egg, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger and white pepper and beat until well combined.
- Add the baking soda and flour, beat until thoroughly mixed, then stir in oats.
- Drop the dough in 1-inch balls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, turning the sheets and swapping racks (top to bottom) after 6 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the sheets.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g