A twist on the classic flavors of Buffalo wings, our simple Buffalo chicken dip is made with cream cheese, blue cheese and tender bits of chicken flavored with a tangy sauce.
Our easy recipe for Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Pulled Chicken is included here. It’s as easy as can be, and with the help of an electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot, it can be ready to use in 45 minutes.
We’ve also included instructions for making pulled chicken in the oven. No matter which method you choose, the end result is tender, juicy and full of flavor.
If you’re pressed for time though, this Buffalo Chicken Dip can also be made with leftover rotisserie chicken and bottled wing sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups pulled chicken, finely chopped (recipe below)
- Hot sauce to taste, we recommend Frank’s Red Hot, 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and coat a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and blue cheese in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add the chicken and hot sauce and mix well.
Note: The dip can be made ahead to this point, refrigerated and baked just before serving.
- Spread the dip in the prepared baking dish and bake until the edges are lightly browned and the dip is warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with slices of toasted baguette, crackers, celery, carrot sticks and bell pepper strips.