Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bananas and chocolate make a great flavor combination and these easy drop cookies bring the two together in perfect balance. Made with old-fashioned oats, mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, butter and a touch of cinnamon, they're moist and cake-like with just a hint of that chewy oatmeal cookie texture.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 lb (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth, then add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, about 2-inches apart. Bake until firm to the touch and very lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.