Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Quesadillas
These easy-to-make, baked quesadillas are filled with leftover turkey, cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, cranberry sauce, and creamy melted brie.
These oven-baked quesadillas are simple to make and a great way to use up leftover turkey and cranberry sauce from your holiday dinner without feeling like you’re eating leftovers.
Both ingredients take on a whole new flavor profile with the addition of fresh cilantro, scallions, jalapeño peppers, and the creamy brie adds a contrast that pulls all the flavors together perfectly.
- 2 to 3 cups cooked turkey (or chicken), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup cranberry sauce, brought to room temperature
- 6 ounces brie, brought to room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 8 (8-inch) light flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the scallions and jalapeños and sauté until slightly softened, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently for another minute, just until the turkey is warmed through.
- Lay 4 of the tortillas on a flat surface and brush one side lightly with vegetable oil. Arrange them in a single layer on a large cookie sheet, oiled side down. Using half of the brie, spread a portion onto each tortilla as evenly as possible. Top with a portion of cranberry sauce and turkey-jalapeño mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Spread the remaining brie on the other 4 tortillas and place them, cheese side down, on top of the others. Press down gently, then brush the tops with oil.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden and the cheese has melted. Allow the quesadillas to cool for several minutes, cut into quarters and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 13gSugar: 19gProtein: 27g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.