Baked Grouper with Citrus-Cilantro Crumb Topping
This is a simple recipe for baked grouper topped with a combo of buttery crumbs, fresh citrus zest, and cilantro.
Grouper is a mild, firm-fleshed fish that adapts well to a wide variety of accompanying flavors.
Here we topped it with a medley of citrus zest, fresh cilantro, and buttery cracker crumbs, before baking.
For this easy preparation, you could use just about any white fish that lends itself well to being baked and simply adjust the cooking time according to thickness.
- 1 lb grouper fillets (substitute cod, haddock, halibut)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely crushed cracker crumbs (buttery variety e.g. Ritz, Club)
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Orange slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet that's been coated with nonstick spray.
- Season on both sides with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, lemon zest, lime zest and chopped cilantro in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Spread a crust of the crumb mixture over the fish fillets and pat down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish the plate with orange slices if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g