Crispy corn tortillas topped with fresh-made guacamole, lettuce and flavorful sautéed shrimp make a quick, easy lunch or light dinner.
This recipe for shrimp tostadas layers oven-crisped corn tortillas with a quick-to-fix, fresh guacamole, lettuce and sautéed shrimp.
They make a flavorful, satisfying dish that can be served for lunch or a light dinner.
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne
- Chopped lettuce (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
For the guacamole:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet and lightly brush them with vegetable oil on both sides. Bake until toasted and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the tortillas bake, prepare the guacamole. Halve the avocados lengthwise, twist apart and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and add the lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, tomato, and cilantro. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, sprinkle with the cumin and coriander, add a pinch of cayenne. Sauté until the shrimp turn pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes, remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread a serving of guacamole on each tortilla, top with lettuce, shrimp and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 247mg Sodium: 1147mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 2g Protein: 29g