Tomato and Cucumber Raita
This raita is a cool, exotically flavored yogurt sauce would complement any Indian-style dish very well. Delicious on Tandoori Turkey Wraps.
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
In small bowl, combine cucumber cubes and salt. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Drain accumulated liquid. Add tomato cubes, cilantro, cumin, and yogurt; stir to blend.
This is an original recipe created & tested by the editors of MyGourmetConnection