Tandoori Turkey Wraps
Turkey breast cutlets seasoned with cumin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves are topped with a pungent Tomato and Cucumber Raita (recipe follows) to make these light sandwich wraps ~ perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Serve wraps with oven-roasted eggplant "fries," topped with a bit of olive oil and salt and cracked pepper.
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of cloves
- 8 chipatis* or low fat flour tortillas
In a small bowl, combine turkey strips, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.
Spray nonstick stovetop grill pan with vegetable spray; heat over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in turkey strips. Stirring constantly, cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until strips are done and lightly browned. Remove to a clean bowl.
Heat chipatis or tortillas 2 at a time in grill pan for about 30 seconds per side; transfer to cutting board.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon raita (see below) over each chipati; scatter a few onion slices over raita. Top with 1/8th of turkey strips. Squeeze juice from 1 lime wedge over turkey. Roll up and serve, 2 wraps per serving. Yield: 8
*Chipatis are Indian tortillas and can be found in specialty grocery stores.
- Tomato and Cucumber Raita
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
In small bowl, combine cucumber cubes and salt. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Drain accumulated liquid. Add tomato cubes, cilantro, cumin, and yogurt; stir to blend.