Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
This easy, flavor-rich salad is made with shrimp, avocado, spinach, lettuce and tomato, topped with a creamy buttermilk and fresh tarragon dressing - ideal for a light summer dinner.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 5 ounces butter lettuce
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the lemon juice and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, toss to coat and set aside.
Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and tarragon in the work bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
In a large bowl, toss the spinach and butter lettuce together, then divide between 4 serving plates. Top with tomato wedges, avocado and cucumber slices and shrimp. Drizzle with dressing and serve
Makes 4 servings
This is an original recipe created & tested by the editors of MyGourmetConnection