Creamy Herb and Lemon Dressing
This creamy salad dressing made with fresh herbs and lemon really livens up a simple tossed salad. It's not only a nice break from standard vinaigrettes it's versatile too. Try it on sandwich wraps, as a dressing for pasta salad, or a dip for raw veggies.
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
Place all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse until liquified. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two days.
Makes about 1 cup
For a little added richness, you can replace one of the tablespoons of sour cream with mayonnaise.