Sweet-Spicy Turkey Flatbreads
These easy baked flatbreads are a perfect way to use up leftover roast turkey (or chicken) without feeling like you're eating a rehash of the same meal. The sweet and spicy combination of curry powder, mango chutney, jalapeño and fresh cilantro adds lively, fresh flavor to the already cooked meat.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked turkey (or chicken), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, divided
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, divided
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the naan on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the cooked turkey, 3 tablespoons of the plain yogurt, 1-1/2 teaspoons of the curry powder and 1 teaspoon of the chutney. Mix well and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the remaining yogurt, chutney and curry powder (1/2 teaspoon), mix well and spread evenly over both of the naan. Top with the turkey mixture, scallions, jalapeño, red bell pepper and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the naan is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top with chopped cilantro. Allow to cool for 3 minutes, then cut into pieces.
Makes 4 servings