Thai Chicken Pizza
This Thai-inspired pizza combines bite-sized pieces of sautéd chicken with a mildly sweet peanut sauce, shredded carrots, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (use more or less to taste)
- 1 lb pizza dough or 4 small naan flatbreads
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and reduce the heat to medium.
Stir in the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of water. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the sauce is smooth and the chicken well coated. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more water. Remove from the heat.
Combine the carrots, scallions and cilantro in a small bowl.
Roll out the pizza dough to desired size and shape (see notes). Place on a pizza pan or cookie sheet, spread the chicken and sauce mixture evenly over the dough and top with the carrot mixture. Cover with shredded cheese.
Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings
Roll the dough to a 13-inch circle or 10 x 15-inch rectangle. Alternately, you can divide it into 4 equal portions and roll each to about a 3/8-inch thickness.
You can also use store-bought naan flatbreads or ready made pizza crust, just keep in mind that these ingredients do taste best on a thinner crust.