Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Artichokes and Feta
This Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad is a light but satisfying dish that's filled with bold, fresh flavors. Made with a simple combination of shallots, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, lemon juice, feta cheese and fresh basil, it's quick and easy to prepare and works well as either a side dish or main course.
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté, until fragrant and soft, 2 to 3 minutes (do not brown).
Reduce the heat to low, add the lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and add it to the artichoke mixture. Combine well and add a little of the reserved cooking water if you feel the mixture is too dry.
Stir in the feta, basil and parsley, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 side dish or 2 main dish servings